Tuesday, August 3

Fashion Digest: Grey is Young?; Vera Rings Two Bells; Chelsea's Gabbana?

Another digest to go. I know, I said I'm gonna do couture and noetic science but sharing new updates in the fashion world seemed more important for now. So let's hear about this before I really go for the couture and noetic - promise!

_____________________________

Grey is Young?
So, after a few editorials and covers I can predict the new fashion movement. Grey hair. Yup, I officially says that GREY is the new black, well, is the new chic thing. Oh, you get what I mean. First we have Kristen McMenamy in a few covers from Dazed & Confused and Vogue Italia. Then I see her in American Vogue's Age Issue feautred in the story, "The Age of Consent". All of it with grey hair, mostly.

And then today I saw Gaga in Vanity Fair going for the Grey Movement. I have to say grey is definitely in now. I won't be surprised if more covers or the coming S/S collections features grey hair and makeup as a theme. So watch out for that. What do you think? Going grey?

Note: Grey and Gray is the same. Brit and US spelling. In case you don't know.


_____________________________
 

Vera Rings Two Bells
The oh-so-fabulous and world renowned wedding designer Vera Wang the bells for two famous couples for the week. First was for Chelsea Clinton, proud daughter of Bill and Hilary Clinton. Chelsea walked down the aisle with Vera's gorgeous strapless ivory with multi layered organza gown and later changed to another Vera tulle Grecian inspired gown. The groom, Marc Mezvinsky wore Christopher Bailey's coat with the Jew traditional cap (Kippah) and scarf.

Not long after that, news popped with Alicia Keys in another Vera gown - Grecian inspired white, single strapped goddess gown. Another job well done! Personally I liked the strapless ivory that Clinton wore down the aisle more.



_____________________________

Chelsea's Gabbana
After all the rumors going around, it is confirmed that Dolce and Gabbana had signed a 3 year contract with Chelsea FC to design the club's suits for not only players but the management team. I have to say, it is just fabulous! Dolce and Gabbana never cease to amaze me with their impeccable skills in suit. I can't wait to see the end result of the suits. But for now, let's indulge in the sketches. Becoming the management/player of the team sure have its perks.



The Player's Attires 


The Male Manager

The Female Manger

_____________________________

Well, that's all for now. I think I will have time to post more tomorrow. Promise it will be on the Couture collection! 
CIAO!

PS: Showstudio is airing an interview with Joseph Altuzarra on 4th August at 12.30 BST.  

No comments:

Post a Comment