Tuesday, June 8

Who Grabbed It at CFDA?



Finally, fashion equivalent of Oscars, the CFDA Awards was done and over with. I have mixed feelings about this. Happy that the winners were announced and my favs got it. Sad that it's over and another year to wait. Happy again because it was such a fabulous event (I want the red carpets asap!). Sad because I'm not a part of this night.

Whilst writing this, the after party in New York had probably begun. As they sip cocktails and talk about the night, I am here in my room, eating Milo yogurt and posting on my blog. Fun. Well, beggars can't be choosers. At least now I feel that I'm a small part of the event.
Well, on the winners! I have to say, if you read my previous post about predictions, then you know how true was the link I posted up. Almost everything hits its mark for the Awards. Fantastic.

Marc Jacobs won Womenswear Designer of The Year, and Alexander Wang bagged the Swarovski Accessories Designer of The Year. Love this result! Probably for Wang, it's like a consolation prize for not winning the Womenswear Award but an award is still an award, right?

Here's the list:

Board of Directors Special Tribute
Alexander McQueen
Womenswear Designer of the Year
Marc Jacobs
Menswear Designer of the Year
Rag & Bone
Accessory Designer of the Year
Alexis Bittar
Swarovski Award for Womenswear
Jason Wu
Swarovski Award for Menswear
Richard Chai
Swarovski Award for Accessory Design
Alexander Wang
International Award
Christopher Bailey for Burberry
Geoffrey Beene Lifetime Achievement Award
Michael Kors
Eugenia Sheppard Award
Paper Magazine’s Kim Hastreiter
Eleanor Lambert Award
Vogue’s Tonne Goodman
L’OrĂ©al Popular Vote Award
Ralph Lauren
 ____________________________
Though some of my other favs did not win, but I think they have a good shot next year. Altuzarra, you're still fresh! There's plenty of chance. 

Speaking of awards, the L'Oreal Popular Vote Awards, I think this was the one that we were allowed to vote on the website. Ralph Lauren won and I'm quite sadden by it. I thought Marc Jacobs would have a shot. Then again, Ralph Lauren is like a household brand in US, figures.

Well, all well ends well. Let's hope for another year of fabulous designs from them.
Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment